IAAPA 2019

  IAAPA 2019
Image result for iaapa logo
IAAPA 2019 has been and gone and I have had time to process my thoughts about it and write this blog about the show. All photos used are not mine and the original owners will be credited. Here are some of the highlights. 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

Probably the most anticipated coaster of 2020 is Busch Garden Tampa's new RMC coaster. With a height of 206ft and a speed of 76mph this is definitely a coaster to watch out for next year. At IAAPA the trains for this conversion were released. They received a lot of backlash but I personally like them especially the reptilian details along the side. (Photo credit- Coasterforce).

Kings Island

Orion is Kings Island's new B&M giga coaster, which is not a giga coaster. The trains were revealed and I have to say that I think this train is quite boring and shows no innovation. Although, yes it is a Cedar Fair park so lots of theming was not expected but I just expected more after good trains in the past. However I have to say that I love the colour scheme of the track. (Photo credit- Coasterforce).

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Pantheon was the second Seaworld Parks reveal for Busch Gardens Williamsburg and I have to say that I really like this train and the design on the front is one of the best I have seen and really fits with the theming. This is starting to become one of my most anticipated new coasters for 2020. (Photo credit- Theme Park Worldwide).

Image

Legoland New York

ImageThe 9th Legoland park opening in July 2020 has announced one of their major rides opening with the park. The Lego Factory Adventure ride will be manufactured by Holovis, who made the Wickerman preshow, and will be the worlds first ride to turn guests into Lego minifigures. I think this is one of my highlights purely because I am excited to see how Merlin pull off the new system. (Photo credit- Theme Park Worldwide).

Lotte World

Lotte World in South Korea have a new dark ride opening in 2020 and to advertise it they used a minature version of the ride with small cameras going through connected to virtual reality headsets which riders could wear and experience. Although I am not excited for the ride itself the technology used in the preview makes me wonder whether this could be used in rides in the future. Imagine a small park like Drayton Manor creating a well themed model and letting riders go through with headsets. This could potentially be the future of dark rides. (Photo credit- Coasterforce).

Seaworld Orlando 

Seaworld's 2020 launch coaster Ice Breaker got its trains revealed and I think they were my favourite of the new trains. I love the front design and think this will be a great addition to the Orlando parks lineup. (Photo credit- Coasterforce).

Seaworld San Antonio

The San Antonio Seaworld revealed their trains for Texas Stingray there brand new GCI. They look great in my opinion and I think the blue front car will look great speeding around the wooden track later in the season. (Photo credit- Coasterforce).

   

Great Coasters International

After the success of RMC and there hybrid coaster model, GCI have introduced there own hybrid model. It'll be interesting to see how this goes for them and if it can compete with RMC. I cannot wait to see one of these pop up somewhere in the world. (Photo credit- Coasterforce).

SBF Rides

SBF potentially revealed the craziest ride this IAAPA. They added a hamster wheel to their famed spinning coaster model. I know for sure I would not go on this ride but I can see how it would be a good addition for a smaller park as it would definitely be a crowd pleaser! (Photo credit- Coasterforce). 

So they were my highlights from IAAPA 2019 which had lots of cool announcements and reveals. Although it has not been the busiest event it has definitely been entertaining. Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fright Nights Preview 2020

The tallest rollercoasters in the UK

The History Of Alton Towers Resort