Alton Towers Ultimate Fireworks Spectacular 2019

Alton Towers Ultimate Fireworks Spectacular

8th, 9th and 10th of November 2019


I visited Alton Towers for one final time in 2019 on the 9th of November on the dreaded Fireworks Saturday, the only day of this event which hit capacity. Here is my review and recap of Alton Towers season closing event. 

This was my second time visiting the Ultimate Fireworks Spectacular and was one of my favourite visits to the resort this season despite the crowds and bad weather. The event also had the reopening of Darkest Depths, the new family scare maze, which increased the parks capacity. 

The day I visited it rained constantly from around 12am onward and you could understand if some of the rides went down but none of the major rides had any issues due to the weather, other than Th13teen which was down all day due to low temperatures. I got many rides done before 5pm when I started to wait for the firework show. 

The lawn was extremely muddy on this day due to the rain meaning lots of people watched on Towers Street. This led to low crowds on the lawn leading to a better experience. The lawn had a great atmosphere with the huge structure building the excitement.I also love the announcements counting the show as the crowd seemed to enjoy it and it really built up anticipation for the show.

The show itself was very good and one of the best I have ever seen. Some of the fireworks this year were huge and possibly some of the biggest I have ever seen. The lasers were integrated into the show well leading to them not looking out of place. The story itself was enjoyable and revolved around Sir Algenon finding the crystals that gave Alton Towers its magic, The Power Of The Towers, and having to do it in a certain time so the magic did not disappear, although the story was cheesy it felt right and I enjoyed it. My favourite part was probably the Insomnia section. The show lasted around 25 minutes.

As usual a large majority of guests left the park after the show finished. This led to me being able to get walk on rides on Nemesis and Galactica. The original plan was for the other areas closed due to the fireworks, Dark Forest, X Sector and Cloud Cuckoo Land, to open after checks. Unfortunately a minor fire broke out after a rogue firework hit a tree near X Sector meaning due to safety concerns the resort did not reopen the closed areas for the evening. This meant that the only major rides open were Nemesis, Galactica and Wickerman, although this was not much of a problem due to low crowds and obviously safety should take top priority.

I left the park at around 8:40pm after one final ride on Wickerman and it only took around 10 minutes to get out the car park despite people saying it was taking them hours. 

The event was positive with great ride operations and an amazing show. The only negatives I have is even with the temporary food outlets the park really struggled with the demand for food with the queues for major outlets such as Pizza & Pasta and Woodcutters getting large queues in the evening. 

Overall I loved the event and I can not wait for the Ultimate Fireworks Spectacular in 2020!





Popular posts from this blog

Fright Nights Preview 2020

The tallest rollercoasters in the UK

The History Of Alton Towers Resort